Monday, August 3, 2009

And so we begin

This shall be my "semester 'abroad' " blog. I say "abroad" in quotes because everyone can be so anal about how DC is TECHNICALLY not abroad from Menlo Park. Whatever, fools! It's a completely different culture and it's not California, so I count it as abroad. Besides, I've done the whole live-in-Spain thing. I wanted something different. Anyway, I was gonna just update my xanga, but that has way too much baggage (aka ninth-grade angst) and I figured I should make a fresh start. Aaaand not send the link to my xanga to family and friends. Awkward town!

I need to pack. Desperately. This is not a surprise. I have two weeks until I leave, but last night I had a terrifying dream where I was getting on a plane to DC but I hadn't packed anything except my wallet and phone and gold nail polish. It was really scary. Scary enough to make me go dig through the basement for old boxes from the move. I also realized that my passport expires in October. Probably something I should look into, no?

Anyhow, look back to this thing come the 19th or so for photos and musings and stories of the East Coast. Enjoy!

L

1 comment:

  1. I love your color scheme and blog title! Looking forward to following your adventures here (though I better get the extra details by phone too)!

    ReplyDelete