Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Packing

I've started a list of what needs to be packed and where it's going. There are three choices: Carry-on (purse or laptop bag), Suitcase (two checked bags in the plane which'll run me $15 apiece. I miss Southwest already), or Ship (who knows how many boxes of mostly clothes I'll send to myself). So far almost everything I've listed is a toiletry, from toothbrush (suitcase) to q-tips (suitcase) to hairbrushes (main in purse, barrel brush will be shipped) to makeup (definitely in my purse - I'll need to freshen up after that stupid red-eye). I'm trying to decide which clothes I want to have with me on the plane (carry-on/wearing or suitcase) and which I'll ship. I'm hoping the boxes will get there before I do - AU takes them as early as Monday - but worst case, I need to be prepared to wait it out. Therefore, all my bedding is going in a suitcase. I'm not wasting space packing a sleeping bag I might use for three nights. Forget that.

Random tangent: I can label my posts? Well, be prepared for EVERY POST IN THIS BLOG to have a "sarcasm" tag. Or not. That might get old.

Another slightly random tangent. I'm still hunting for good boots. I want black ones, preferably leather, than zip up over my jeans to just under my knee. I found some gorgeous Cole Haans with mom, but they were riding boots. Oops. They were quite comfy though. I'll also eventually need a good warm coat, which Shawna tells me I will not find here. Too true.

I can't concentrate anymore. I'll finish this list tomorrow - I'd better, because tomorrow I need to pack, hardcore, and take stuff to the post office. Though that will more than likely be postponed until Friday. Typical.

1 comment:

  1. Use the labels (tags) on your posts in such a way that you can search for old posts in a simpler way. So you might want to search back for your "packing" posts or "move-in" posts or "seminar" posts. You get the idea.

    ReplyDelete