Monday, August 24, 2009

If nothing else, I have friends now.

Hell-O all. So on Thursday morning, Kyndra and I sat at a random table for breakfast where there were two other girls, and two more joined us soon after. We all became buddies and are basically inseparable now. It's so great having 5 friends so if someone isn't available for dinner, I have fallback plans.

On Saturday, we decided to have an adventure and take the metro to Downtown. We got out and got our pictures taken, tourist-status in front of the Capitol
and the Washington Monument.
We just had to turn around. It was pretty funny, actually. In the second picture, that's Kyndra, Rachel, me, Katie, and Ashley. Madeline didn't come because she was in Connecticut for the weekend at her boyfriend's sister's wedding.

We continued walking down the block on our adventure, but then it started drizzling. We wandered into the sculpture garden, and then it started POURING. Katie took charge and got us all into the National Gallery because it was FREE. We then proceeded to act like children and pose like the statues. I'm so glad I found friends who are as crazy as I am.


(Someone please tell me how to rotate pictures on blogger!)

Anyway, after a few hours there, we got hungry, but it was still pouring. We used my iPhone to find a Quiznos down the street, but got impatient and ducked into an Au Bon Pan, where it was approximately 80 degrees, for real. After eating, we found the nearest metro and booked it back to the dorm for sweatpants joy. We met up in Ashley and Rachel's room later for card games and late night Dominoes.

On Sunday, we took it easy and had a homework day. We all felt like idiots, though, because it was gorgeous out. Then last night everyone came to our room for some terrible tv. New Sunday night tradition!

This morning was the internship bazaar. I handed out 8 resumes, not including the 7 or so I e-mailed out over the past few days. I've already heard back from a few to set up interviews. I'm just debating what would be best for me. A company with a known name? Something small? Something in finance, or marketing, or international relations? Something feminist-related? I'm just going to interview a bunch and see what feels right. And take tons of advice from my parents.

I just finished some 40 pages of reading for seminar on Wednesday, so I think I deserve some brain-mush time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment